I'm studying for the foundation degree in horticulture at Bicton College in Devon. This blog is to record what we do during the course and what I get up to while volunteering at Knightshayes Court near Tiverton one day a week.

Saturday 4 December 2010

What I'm doing at Eden

I am very pleased to report that I've just started part-time work at the Eden Project in Cornwall: two days a week on Thursdays and Fridays. I'll try to keep a record of what I do on each day to jog my memory for future CVs.

2/12/2010
First day and straight into mulching, which was very welcome given how cold it was (didn't get above freezing all day). Mulched Banrock and Adult Play.

3/12/2010
Started off with Julie cutting back frosted perennials that had died back in the spiral garden (an educational/sensory garden for kids, used by Eden's education department for teaching purposes). Hard frost last night so everything looking rather white. Ground totally frozen. Cutting back anjelica, mallows, ox-eye daisies, buddleias, but leaving teasels for the birds. Then down to the parallel steps to help Jamie with pleaching of London planes - cutting back new top growth. Wobbly ladders but good fun once I'd found my feet/balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment